We are a global management consulting group that serves the leading international companies in the steel, metals & mining industry. We help our customers transform their businesses to achieve targets and seize opportunities created by industry disruption and transformation.
With more than 25 years of experience, we are one of the leading players in global steel, metals & mining industry consulting and have successfully executed projects in all product categories, all regions of the world and in all stages of the value chain.
We know that RCG is about our people. Continuous recruiting and development of skills are one of our key priorities so that we can quickly provide the right team to meet our customers’ requirements.
Our people are top graduates from the leading universities worldwide and include engineers, scientists, business managers, and industry executives. They have joined RCG for the opportunity to apply their skills, to grow, and to contribute to the success of RCG.
Joachim Schroeder is the Founder and Chairman of Research & Consulting Group.
Joachim Schroeder is the Founder and Chairman of Research & Consulting Group (RCG). He founded the company in 2001 and has offices in Pfaeffikon and Duesseldorf.
Under his leadership, RCG has experienced strong global growth in all regions and practice areas, continuously reinventing the group.
Joachim is a recognized steel, metals & mining industry expert, strategy partner and regular speaker on the global metals and mining conferences. He is also a cooperation partner of the leading European universities and research institutes.
Since founding RCG in 2001, Joachim’s client work has focused on strategy, business transformation, industry 4.0 and digitalization, and leadership.
Prior to joining RCG, Joachim was a Partner at Westerhoff Partner Consulting. He received an MBA from University Cologne, Vancouver and Giessen and speaks fluently German and English.
Areas of expertise:
- Project experience in more than 70 companies in
- Asia (China, India)
- Americas (Brazil, Canada, USA)
- Europe (EU-28)
- ME and Turkey
- Various corporate strategy projects in international steel, metals & mining companies
- Development and realization of market entry strategies for long and flat products
- Leading Advisor in JV- and M&A-projects
- Successful managing of turn-around situations in various steel, metals & mining companies in CIS, Latin-and North America, Europe and India
- Industry 4.0 and digitalization projects in steel industry and distribution companies
- MBA, University Cologne, Vancouver and Giessen